Are you thinking of moving from New York to Connecticut? You’re not alone: Over 16,000 folks from NY have already done the exact thing from March to June 2020. That’s an average of 4,000 people per month!
If you’re still on the fence about the move, though, it’s totally understandable. After all, a move can be very stressful, but even more so if you’re moving during the current pandemic.
To that end, we’ve come up with this guide covering a possible move from NY to CT. Read on to learn what sets the two states apart, why CT is a fantastic place, and tips on choosing a moving company.
Table of Contents
- 1 Excellent Reasons to Move to Connecticut
- 2 NY vs. CT: A Few Differences You Must Know
- 3 Top Places to Live in Connecticut
- 4 Hiring New York to Connecticut Movers to Make the Big Move Easier
- 5 Hire the Best New York to Connecticut Moving Company for a Hassle-Free Move
- 6 Licensed Top Rated Movers New York to Connecticut Moving Companies
- 7 Things to Check Out Before Choosing a Moving Company from New York to Connecticut
- 8 Essential Tips for Moving from New York to Connecticut in the United States
- 9 Main Cities in Connecticut
- 10 Cheap Moving Companies from New York to Connecticut
- 11 See Recommended Movers Cost Calculator
- 12 Read more about moving from New York to the other states in the US
Excellent Reasons to Move to Connecticut
Connecticut boasts of some of the most scenic landscapes throughout every season. Here, you can find your breath taken away by the autumn foliage or the winter wonderland. Spring starts with cherry blossoms, and in summer, you have plenty of beaches and lakes to enjoy.
There’s more to the Nutmeg State than its unique ecology and geography, though. Here are a few of the best reasons that you’d want to live here, perhaps permanently.
It’s Home to More Than a Dozen Fortune 500 Companies
In the 2020 Fortune 500 List, 13 companies have headquarters in Connecticut. Cigna, Charter Communications, and Hartford Financial Services are the top three CT-based rankers. However, if you include those that make it to the Fortune 1,000 list, CT is home to a total of 25 Fortune companies.
Granted, the figures above are only a fraction of the 58 Fortune headquarters in NY. Still, 13 Fortune 500 is a lot and is also a good indicator of Connecticut’s booming economy.
In 2019, Connecticut had a gross domestic product amounting to $285.64 billion. That represents 1.33% of the entire country’s GDP.
Advanced manufacturing, aerospace, defense, biosciences, and healthcare are the top sectors here. The Nutmeg State’s film, TV, and media industry and tech services are also flourishing. CT also takes pride in having a thriving green energy sector.
Education Is a Top Priority Here
Connecticut is proud to have some of the best schools in the nation. In the 2019 Quality Counts report card, it ranked third-highest overall. It scored a whopping 83.6 out of a possible 100 points.
This should give you an idea of the top-notch quality of education in the state. What’s more, there are at least 100 “best places” to start and build a family in the Constitution State. So, all in all, it’s a fantastic place to raise kids.
NY vs. CT: A Few Differences You Must Know
According to the Connecticut Government itself, living in the Nutmeg State can be 14% to 48% lower than NY. It further notes that the housing prices in CT can be 50% less expensive than NYC. All that, despite the Constitution State being the richest of all 50 states.
Before you get all excited for your big move from New York to Connecticut, be sure to pack more parkas. While it does snow in New York, Connecticut gets a lot more of it, with Norfolk, CT having at least 40 days of snow! Even Hartford, the state’s capital, experiences an average of 20 days of the white frozen stuff.
One more thing: Know that there’s a “deadline” for buying alcoholic drinks in CT.
As a New Yorker, you likely know that in NY, you can legally buy beer at any time of the day. However, once you move to Connecticut, this is no longer the case.
The Nutmeg State only allows the sales of alcoholic drinks from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM on weekdays. On Sundays, you can only get them from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Top Places to Live in Connecticut
Connecticut is one of the safest states, with a violent crime rate that’s only 56% of the national average.
However, Ridgefield in Fairfield County takes the lead as the safest place in CT. The second place goes to Ledyard in New London County. Old Saybrook in Middlesex County comes in third.
As for the main cities, Bridgeport in Fairfield County takes the number one spot on the list. New Haven in New Haven County places second. Stamford in Fairfield ranks third, and Hartford, which is the capital, ranks fourth.
Hiring New York to Connecticut Movers to Make the Big Move Easier
The distance between New York to Connecticut is about 95.6 to 98.6 miles, depending on the route. It takes a little under two hours by car (and non-stop driving) to get from NY to CT. However, that’s without traffic, which, unfortunately, is a huge issue in both states.
So, to make your move as painless as possible, hire one of the best New York to Connecticut moving companies. This way, you can focus on yourself and avoid stressing out too much about the move.
Since you’ll be moving from one state to another, be sure to consider hiring an out-of-state mover. This is especially true if you have a lot of stuff, as there are laws that govern interstate trucks.
Also, note that there are hundreds of New York to Connecticut cheap moving companies. However, some of the best include TB Moving, Roadway Moving, and Xpress Movers.
Now, as great as these movers are, know that you can save more money if you compare their rates. If they know you’re looking at other companies, they’re more likely to offer you a better deal. That’s why you shouldn’t settle for the first quote you get from a New York to Connecticut mover.
Hire the Best New York to Connecticut Moving Company for a Hassle-Free Move
As you can see, there are a lot of good reasons to move from New York to Connecticut. The Nutmeg State may not be the cheapest US state, but it is one of the safest, and compared to NY, it has a lower cost of living.
Ready to get packing for your big move from NY to CT? Then be sure to request your free MovingRelocation quotes now! Feel free to ring us up, too, if you have any questions about the best New York to Connecticut movers.
Compare Instant Moving Quotes from Licensed A+ Rating New York to Connecticut Movers NY to CT.
Licensed Top Rated Movers New York to Connecticut Moving Companies
Get FREE, NO Obligation Moving Quotes. COMPARE & SAVE!
With Over 20 Years of Experience In Moving and Relocation Service and over 897,567 (and counting) Satisfied Customer and Most Professional Movers that provide Moving Service from New York to Connecticut.
We are sure you will save Time & Money!
Moving from New York to Connecticut mostly will be charged based on weight or Cubic feet (depending on the size of shipment). There may be additional charges such as Packing Services, crating, Stair charges, high-value items, etc.
This you will discuss with the Moving Representatives. When TOP MOVERS COMPETE, YOU WIN!
With a Network of Over 500 Moving companies, we hope we can assist with reducing the stress Moving can cause.
We want to provide our customers with a few Moving Quotes that are Free and Easy to get from PreScreened Licensed Long Distance Movers.
Just fill-up the Short Form in less than 60 seconds. You will get Moving Quote Prices Instantly.
Browse our site for Moving Tips and Advise about moving from New York to Connecticut Moving Companies
Things to Check Out Before Choosing a Moving Company from New York to Connecticut
- Research and compare: Start by doing some research to find moving companies that serve from New York to Connecticut. Look for reviews and ratings online and compare prices from multiple companies to find the best deal.
- Reputation: Research the reputation of the moving companies you are considering. Look for reviews online and ask for references from past customers who moved to Connecticut.
- Check for licenses and certifications: Look for companies that are licensed and certified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) or a similar organization. This ensures that the company follows safety regulations and has the necessary insurance coverage.
- Consider the services offered: Different moving companies from New York to Connecticut offer different levels of service. Some companies will do everything for you, while others will only provide transportation. Decide what level of service you need and choose a company that can meet those needs.
- Ask about storage options: If you need storage before or after your move, ask the company if they offer this service and what the costs are.
- Get a written estimate: Be sure to get a written estimate from the moving company to understand exactly what services are included in the price. This will help you avoid any unexpected costs.
- Ask about additional fees: Find out if the company from New York to Connecticut charges any additional fees for things like stairs, long carries, or packing materials.
By considering these factors, you can choose a reliable and trustworthy moving company to help with your relocation from New York within the United States.
Essential Tips for Moving from New York to Connecticut in the United States
- Plan ahead: Start planning your move well in advance to ensure that you have enough time to get everything done before moving to Connecticut.
- Research your new location in Connecticut: Learn about your new location to get a sense of what it's like to live in Connecticut. This will help you make informed decisions about things like housing, schools, and transportation.
- Gather moving estimates: Get estimates from multiple moving companies that operates from New York to Connecticut to find the best deal. Be sure to get a written estimate and read the fine print to understand what is and is not included in the price.
- Pack carefully: Use sturdy boxes and wrap fragile items carefully to ensure that they arrive at your new home in good condition. Consider labeling boxes with the room they are destined for to make unpacking easier.
- Transfer utilities and update your address from New York to Connecticut: Make sure to transfer your utilities and update your address with the post office, your bank, and any other relevant parties.
- Make travel arrangements: If you are driving to your new location, make sure to plan your route and book any necessary accommodations in advance. If you are flying, book your tickets and arrange for transportation to and from the airport.
- Make sure your documents are in order: Make sure you have all the necessary documents, such as driver's licenses and registration for your car, before you move from New York.
By following these tips, you can make your plan to move from New York to Connecticut as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Main Cities in Connecticut
|New Haven||New Haven County||48,408,576|
|Waterbury||New Haven County||73,871,686|
|New Britain||Hartford County||34,589,134|
|Meriden||New Haven County||61,638,595|
Cheap Moving Companies from New York to Connecticut
Not all movers operate from New York to Connecticut in the US. From the list of moving companies in our database, we have sorted out the moving companies that provide moving services from New York to Connecticut.
To get moving quotes from the top rated moving companies from New York to Connecticut just fill out the form on top of this page. We will reach out to you within 60 seconds.
|Allstates Moving and Storage LLC||IL|
|Direct Relocation Services LLC||
4598 N Hiatus Rd, Sunrise
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33351
|Whitaker and Sons||
50 Locust Ave
Danbury, CT 06810
|Finest Movers Inc||
16850-112 Collins Ave. Suite 181
Sunny Isles, FL 33160
|Infinity Van Lines||
2525 Park Lane
Hallandale, FL 33009
|Anthem Moving LLC||
1 Bridge Plaza N Suite 200
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
|Gateway Moving and Storage||
12747 Olive Blvd., Ste. 300
Saint Louis, MO 63141
|Alliance Movers Inc.||
1658 Milwaukee Ave., #100-4754
Chicago, IL 60647
|Trinity Relocation Group||
2300 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33406