Looking for moving companies in Pennsylvania is the most straightforward bit of moving house. The hardest part is doing all the necessary research and deciding which neighborhood to choose from. We’ve gone ahead and done lots of the hard work, so you don’t have to. In addition to offering advice about relocating, we can connect you with the best New York to Pennsylvania moving companies.
Table of Contents
- 1 What New York to Pennsylvania Movers Need to Know
- 2 Top Seven Best Cities in Pennsylvania to Move
- 3 Advantages of Moving From New York to Pennsylvania
- 4 Disadvantages of Moving From New York to Pennsylvania
- 5 The Best Moving Companies in Pennsylvania
- 6 Things to Check Out Before Choosing a Moving Company from New York to Pennsylvania
- 7 Essential Tips for Moving from New York to Pennsylvania in the United States
- 8 Main Cities in Pennsylvania
- 9 Cheap Moving Companies from New York to Pennsylvania
- 10 See Recommended Movers Cost Calculator
- 11 Read more about moving from New York to the other states in the US
What New York to Pennsylvania Movers Need to Know
If you’re at the stage where you feel ready to move from New York, but you’re not sure where: Here’s some valuable insight into Pennsylvania.
The State of Independence is much more than a pretty place, but it’s a truly stunning area to be. Fans of hiking and climbing are happy, nestled among the Appalachian Mountains, while beach lovers, skydivers and even skiers can find their element in Pennsylvania.
With an overall graduation rate of 86% overall, the Keystone State has average schools. It’s a wonderful area for kids to grow up, with plenty of activities for families and little ones.
There is so much to do in Pennsylvania. Between stunning state parks, bustling cities, a delightful food, and craft beer scene, there are plenty of opportunities for fun. It’s also one of the most historically vibrant parts of the country,
The economy is good, so there is plenty of good quality, affordable moving companies Pennsylvania. The state has the sixth-biggest economy in the U.S., unemployment is average and the cost of living is low. As such, New York to Pennsylvania movers tend to find that their earnings and savings can go far.
Top Seven Best Cities in Pennsylvania to Move
Even though Pennsylvania is just next door to New York, it’s got an entirely different vibe, and each city has its charm. Here’s our pick of the best cities to live in Pennsylvania:
1. Hershey, PA
Of course, we all know that Hershey is most famous for the chocolate — but this busy city is also a fantastic place to live. It’s near to the mountains, and there are stunning views, but there’s also all of the big city amenities a family could need. That said, the entertainment opportunities aren’t amazing, and the infrastructure isn’t the most inspiring.
2. Penn Wynne, PA
If you’re looking for somewhere more buzzing, Penn Wynne is an excellent choice. Arts and culture at the forefront in this city, education is great and there are plenty of areas of historical interest. Unemployment is low at 3.4%, and the average house price is $383,100.
3. Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh is generally thought of as one of the best places to live in the world. Houses cost around $143,000 on average, but unemployment is still low and the population is young. It’s a lovely place to live for the cost of living and abundant nightlife.
On the other hand, it’s quite a gray and rainy part of the country, and commuting times can be long. There are hundreds of moving companies Pennsylvania who will be happy to help you to relocate from New York to Pennsylvania.
4. Jefferson Hills, PA
This big city in West-central Pennsylvania has beautiful rivers, bridges and views. It’s a hub of culture and the arts, with a great downtown area and low cost of living. The population in Jefferson Hills is only 11,244 people, but it’s fast becoming an attractive place for New York to Pennsylvania movers.
5. Wyomissing, PA
Wyomissing is one of the most picturesque parts of Pennsylvania. If you’re looking for somewhere quiet and beautiful to settle down, this could be the ideal place. The median house price is £218,000, and the cost of living is low compared to the national average. It’s well placed as a commuter town for Philadelphia but lacks entertainment and a bustling economy of its own.
6. Bellefonte, PA
Bellefonte is a college town right in the center of Pennsylvania, with plenty of amenities for students and families alike. The area has stunning views, and the median house price is less than $200,000. Combine this with a cost of living that’s almost 10% lower than the national average, and you can see why it’s an attractive place to make your money go further.
7. Philadelphia, PA
Located along the Delaware River, Philadelphia is one of the biggest cities in the United States. The average house price is $153,400, but the cost of living is just a little bit higher than the national average. For people who love restaurants, coffee shops, arts and culture and a wide variety of historical attractions.
Advantages of Moving From New York to Pennsylvania
Now you’ve got lots of information; you’re almost ready to find moving companies in Pennsylvania. First, let’s have a look at the best things about moving from New York to Pennsylvania:
- Job opportunities across a variety of industries
- Low cost of living
- Affordable housing
- A type of diverse neighborhoods to suit everyone’s taste
- Stunning views and lush countryside
- Intricate and intriguing history
- Plenty of parks, water rides, nightlife and beer gardens
Disadvantages of Moving From New York to Pennsylvania
While Pennsylvania is a fantastic place to live, just like anywhere, it has its downsides. Finances are generally an attractive aspect of the state’s economy, but there are still costs to take into consideration. Plus, some areas just aren’t that great for entertainment. Here are the main disadvantages for New York to Pennsylvania movers:
- Additional tax responsibilities
- Diverse cultures with awesome regional and local dialects
- Driving can be a huge challenge
- Highway tolls
- The streets signs don’t point in the right direction
The Best Moving Companies in Pennsylvania
Take a look at our list of the best moving companies, Pennsylvania. Get in touch with MovingRelocation at 888-577-5678 for more information, advice or a quote.
Things to Check Out Before Choosing a Moving Company from New York to Pennsylvania
- Research and compare: Start by doing some research to find moving companies that serve from New York to Pennsylvania. Look for reviews and ratings online and compare prices from multiple companies to find the best deal.
- Reputation: Research the reputation of the moving companies you are considering. Look for reviews online and ask for references from past customers who moved to Pennsylvania.
- Check for licenses and certifications: Look for companies that are licensed and certified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) or a similar organization. This ensures that the company follows safety regulations and has the necessary insurance coverage.
- Consider the services offered: Different moving companies from New York to Pennsylvania offer different levels of service. Some companies will do everything for you, while others will only provide transportation. Decide what level of service you need and choose a company that can meet those needs.
- Ask about storage options: If you need storage before or after your move, ask the company if they offer this service and what the costs are.
- Get a written estimate: Be sure to get a written estimate from the moving company to understand exactly what services are included in the price. This will help you avoid any unexpected costs.
- Ask about additional fees: Find out if the company from New York to Pennsylvania charges any additional fees for things like stairs, long carries, or packing materials.
By considering these factors, you can choose a reliable and trustworthy moving company to help with your relocation from New York within the United States.
Essential Tips for Moving from New York to Pennsylvania in the United States
- Plan ahead: Start planning your move well in advance to ensure that you have enough time to get everything done before moving to Pennsylvania.
- Research your new location in Pennsylvania: Learn about your new location to get a sense of what it's like to live in Pennsylvania. This will help you make informed decisions about things like housing, schools, and transportation.
- Gather moving estimates: Get estimates from multiple moving companies that operates from New York to Pennsylvania to find the best deal. Be sure to get a written estimate and read the fine print to understand what is and is not included in the price.
- Pack carefully: Use sturdy boxes and wrap fragile items carefully to ensure that they arrive at your new home in good condition. Consider labeling boxes with the room they are destined for to make unpacking easier.
- Transfer utilities and update your address from New York to Pennsylvania: Make sure to transfer your utilities and update your address with the post office, your bank, and any other relevant parties.
- Make travel arrangements: If you are driving to your new location, make sure to plan your route and book any necessary accommodations in advance. If you are flying, book your tickets and arrange for transportation to and from the airport.
- Make sure your documents are in order: Make sure you have all the necessary documents, such as driver's licenses and registration for your car, before you move from New York.
By following these tips, you can make your plan to move from New York to Pennsylvania as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Main Cities in Pennsylvania
|Bethlehem||Lehigh County / Northampton County||49,508,428|
Cheap Moving Companies from New York to Pennsylvania
Not all movers operate from New York to Pennsylvania in the US. From the list of moving companies in our database, we have sorted out the moving companies that provide moving services from New York to Pennsylvania.
To get moving quotes from the top rated moving companies from New York to Pennsylvania just fill out the form on top of this page. We will reach out to you within 60 seconds.
|Moving of America||
1000 Main Ave.
Clifton, NJ 07011
|Direct Relocation Services LLC||
4598 N Hiatus Rd, Sunrise
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33351
|Whitaker and Sons||
50 Locust Ave
Danbury, CT 06810
|Finest Movers Inc||
16850-112 Collins Ave. Suite 181
Sunny Isles, FL 33160
|Gateway Moving and Storage||
12747 Olive Blvd., Ste. 300
Saint Louis, MO 63141
|Alliance Movers Inc.||
1658 Milwaukee Ave., #100-4754
Chicago, IL 60647
|Trinity Relocation Group||
2300 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33406