If you decide to move from Maryland to Florida, you’re probably excited about year-round sunshine and world-class attractions. After all, Moving from Maryland to Florida is as much of a change in culture as you could imagine within one nation. Especially as Maryland is seasonal and full of northern charm, while it’s like you’re always on vacation in Florida. Besides low taxes and southern hospitality, it’s the ideal place for social butterflies to spread their wings.
Maryland to Florida movers are always curious to know if it’s true that Sunshine State natives don coats as soon as the temperature drops under 70 degrees Fahrenheit… Well, we’ve got news for you — the rumors are true!
Hence read on to find out everything you need to know about moving to Florida from Maryland. Furthermore, get a comprehensive list of moving companies that operate from Maryland to Florida.
Additionally, get in touch with MovingRelocation to organize your move to Florida today.
Benefits of Moving From Maryland to Florida
It’s challenging to get past the sunshine and beaches when discussing reasons to move to Florida. However, there are many more advantages to living in this palm-tree-studded paradise.
From the Breakers Resort in Palm Beach to Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando, residents often get discounts on local attractions. You’ll sometimes get a discount for hotels and restaurants, too. Businesses want to ensure they look after the locals because there are so many tourists to contend with!
In Florida, the roads are almost immaculate. Driving through the streets of Baltimore can be a dangerous pursuit, with potholes everywhere. In Florida, the streets are better than most places in the U.S. It’s not only roads, though. All the infrastructure in Florida seems to have been well-invested in.
Grow Fruits in Your Yard
You can grow delicious juicy oranges and grapefruits in your yard with sunshine all year round. Few feelings are more satisfying than picking and eating nutritious fruits you’ve grown yourself.
With an unemployment rate of just 2.8% in Orlando, compared to 3.3% in Baltimore, Florida’s job market is better than Maryland’s. Tourism, agriculture, aerospace, aviation, life sciences, and financial services are booming in the state right now.
We’ve left it pretty late on this list for a reason. Surprisingly, as many people adore Florida for its weather, others find it uncomfortable once they’re there.
If you love the beach and don’t mind the humidity, you will be in paradise. You can always cool off in the water.
Florida is a state with no income tax. This means you get to keep what you earn, and it’s a pretty appealing feature. Some states without an income tax are expensive to buy property in — but not Florida. It’s affordable to buy property here, but the cost of living is high.
Are There Any Disadvantages to Life after Moving to Florida from Maryland?
Nowhere is perfect, and you must clearly understand a place before you move there. Here are the common complaints we hear from movers from Maryland to Florida.
With a population of 20,000,000 — Florida is getting pretty crowded. Lots of people are drawn to this all-American hub of entertainment and laid-back lifestyles.
When it comes to tropical weather, there are a few caveats. Mostly, alligators, creepy crawlies, and snakes. Plus, with hurricane weather around the corner during the summer, there’s a real risk of natural disasters in Florida that you don’t have to contend with in Maryland.
Cost of Living
Taxes are low, and house prices are affordable, but as a tourist destination, Florida is expensive to live in and go out. However, if you’re not someone who loves partying and spending money — you’ll be okay here. All a single adult needs to earn annually to be comfortable in Florida is around $25,000.
We already mentioned this, but we’ll repeat it because it’s not something most people think of as a problem. However, after the novelty of living on vacation has worn off, you might become frustrated with high air conditioning costs and humidity hair.
Quick Tips for Moving from Maryland to Florida
The first thing potential Maryland to Florida movers need to do is conduct thorough research. Make sure it’s the right choice for you before starting preparations. Once you’re ready, follow these steps:
- Give away or sell any possessions you don’t need. Moving is an excellent opportunity to declutter
- Save up plenty of money, even if you have a job, moving house always incurs extra costs
- Choose which Florida city you’re going to move to
- Compare the best Maryland to Florida moving companies
- Take out the necessary insurance
- Pack your belongings carefully
- Move to the Sunshine State!
Which Florida City Is Best for You?
Florida is a diverse state, so you’re sure to find somewhere suited to your personality and tastes. Here is a quick Florida moving guide to the best cities to live in Florida:
- Cape Coral — These canal-lined streets are beautiful. It’s one of the lowest crime areas in FL.
- Clearwater — There are plenty of jobs in Clearwater, and the leisure and restaurants here are stunning.
- Fort Lauderdale — With a low crime rate and a good job market, Fort Lauderdale is a lovely area to live in.
- Jacksonville — Jacksonville is one of the most affordable parts of Florida, and the schools here are excellent.
- Port St. Lucie — With plenty of jobs, uncrowded beaches, and loads of recreational activities, Port St. Lucie is a beautiful place for young people to live.
- Tampa — Regarding jobs and schools, Tampa is probably the best city in Florida. It’s also surprisingly affordable, considering how many Fortune 500 companies exist.
Find Moving Companies from Maryland to Florida
Check out our list of the best Maryland to Florida movers and make your dream life in Florida a reality.
Compare Instant Moving Quotes from Licensed A+ Rating Maryland to Florida Movers MD to FL
Licensed Top Rated Companies for Moving to Florida from Maryland
Get FREE, NO Obligation Moving Quotes. COMPARE & SAVE!
With Over 20 Years of Experience In Moving and Relocation Services and over 897,567 (and counting) Satisfied Customers and Most Professional Movers that provide Moving Services from Maryland to Florida.
We are sure you will save Time & Money!
Moving from Maryland to Florida will mostly be charged based on weight or Cubic feet (depending on the shipment size). There may be additional charges such as Packing Services, crating, Stair charges, high-value items, etc.
This you will discuss with the Moving Representatives. When TOP MOVERS COMPETE, YOU WIN!
With a Network of Over 500 Moving companies, we hope we can assist with reducing the stress Moving can cause.
We want to provide our customers with a few Moving Quotes that are Free and Easy to get from pre-screened licensed Long Distance Movers Florida.
Just fill up the Short Form in less than 60 seconds. You will get Moving Quote Prices Instantly.
Browse our site for Moving Tips and Advice about moving from Maryland to Florida Moving Companies.
Image from PEXELS.
Florida vs Maryland
- Florida: It’s warm all year. Great for people who love the sun.
- Maryland: You get all four seasons, including cold winters and hot summers.
- Cost of Living:
- Florida: Cheaper because there’s no tax on what you earn.
- Maryland: More expensive, partly because you pay taxes on your income.
- Florida: Lots of jobs in places like hotels, farms, hospitals, and some tech companies.
- Maryland: Good for jobs in science, health, schools, and government, especially near Washington, D.C.
- Places to Go:
- Florida: Famous for its beaches and places like Disney World.
- Maryland: Has both beaches and mountains, plus it’s close to D.C. for museums and history.
- Florida: Has many schools and colleges.
- Maryland: Known for really good schools and big universities like Johns Hopkins.
Choosing between Florida and Maryland depends on what you like, where you can work, and how you want to live.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is it cheaper to live in Florida or Maryland?
Florida is generally cheaper, mainly due to no state income tax.
Q2. How much does it cost to move from MD to FL?
Moving costs range from $2,000 to $5,000, depending on the move’s size and specifics.
Q3. Is it worth relocating to Florida?
Yes, for its lower taxes, warm climate, and lifestyle, but consider hurricane risks.
Q4. How much money do I need to move to Florida?
Aim for $5,000 to $10,000 to cover moving and initial living expenses.
Q5. What is the distance from Maryland to Florida?
The distance from Maryland to Florida is approximately 1,000 miles (1,609 kilometers), depending on the specific starting and ending points.
Q6. How long does it take to drive from Maryland to Florida?
It takes about 15 to 18 hours to drive from Maryland to Florida.
Q7. How can someone move to Florida with no money?
Moving to Florida without money is tough. Try to get a job first, look for cheap housing, and ask friends or family for help. Save a little money if you can.
Q8. Do palm trees grow in Maryland?
Yes, some palm trees can grow in Maryland if they are the right type that can handle the cold.
Q9. How far is it to drive from Maryland to Florida?
The driving distance from Maryland to Florida is about 850 to 1,000 miles, depending on the route. It typically takes around 15 to 18 hours to drive, without stops.
Things to Check Out Before Choosing a Moving Company from Maryland to Florida
- Research and compare: Start by doing some research to find moving companies that serve from Maryland to Florida. Look for reviews and ratings online and compare prices from multiple companies to find the best deal.
- Reputation: Research the reputation of the moving companies you are considering. Look for reviews online and ask for references from past customers who moved to Florida.
- Check for licenses and certifications: Look for companies that are licensed and certified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) or a similar organization. This ensures that the company follows safety regulations and has the necessary insurance coverage.
- Consider the services offered: Different moving companies from Maryland to Florida offer different levels of service. Some companies will do everything for you, while others will only provide transportation. Decide what level of service you need and choose a company that can meet those needs.
- Ask about storage options: If you need storage before or after your move, ask the company if they offer this service and what the costs are.
- Get a written estimate: Be sure to get a written estimate from the moving company to understand exactly what services are included in the price. This will help you avoid any unexpected costs.
- Ask about additional fees: Find out if the company from Maryland to Florida charges any additional fees for things like stairs, long carries, or packing materials.
By considering these factors, you can choose a reliable and trustworthy moving company to help with your relocation from Maryland within the United States.
Essential Tips for Moving from Maryland to Florida in the United States
- Plan ahead: Start planning your move well in advance to ensure that you have enough time to get everything done before moving to Florida.
- Research your new location in Florida: Learn about your new location to get a sense of what it's like to live in Florida. This will help you make informed decisions about things like housing, schools, and transportation.
- Gather moving estimates: Get estimates from multiple moving companies that operates from Maryland to Florida to find the best deal. Be sure to get a written estimate and read the fine print to understand what is and is not included in the price.
- Pack carefully: Use sturdy boxes and wrap fragile items carefully to ensure that they arrive at your new home in good condition. Consider labeling boxes with the room they are destined for to make unpacking easier.
- Transfer utilities and update your address from Maryland to Florida: Make sure to transfer your utilities and update your address with the post office, your bank, and any other relevant parties.
- Make travel arrangements: If you are driving to your new location, make sure to plan your route and book any necessary accommodations in advance. If you are flying, book your tickets and arrange for transportation to and from the airport.
- Make sure your documents are in order: Make sure you have all the necessary documents, such as driver's licenses and registration for your car, before you move from Maryland.
By following these tips, you can make your plan to move from Maryland to Florida as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Main Cities in Florida
|Port St. Lucie
|St. Lucie County
Cheap Moving Companies from Maryland to Florida
Not all movers operate from Maryland to Florida in the US. From the list of moving companies in our database, we have sorted out the moving companies that provide moving services from Maryland to Florida.
To get moving quotes from the top rated moving companies from Maryland to Florida just fill out the form on top of this page. We will reach out to you within 60 seconds.
|Allstates Moving and Storage LLC
|Direct Relocation Services LLC
4598 N Hiatus Rd, Sunrise
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33351
|Whitaker and Sons
50 Locust Ave
Danbury, CT 06810
|Finest Movers Inc
16850-112 Collins Ave. Suite 181
Sunny Isles, FL 33160
|Accurate Express Movers
641 South Pickett
Alexandria, VA 22304
|Infinity Van Lines
2525 Park Lane
Hallandale, FL 33009
|Gateway Moving and Storage
12747 Olive Blvd., Ste. 300
Saint Louis, MO 63141
|Alliance Movers Inc.
1658 Milwaukee Ave., #100-4754
Chicago, IL 60647
|Trinity Relocation Group
2300 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33406